The Tantrum Survival Guide By Rebecca Schrag Hershberg PhD, Daniel J. Siegel
- Narrated by: Rebecca Schrag Hershberg PhD
- Length: 9 hrs and 11 mins
- Release date: 06-25-19
The Tantrum Survival Guide AudioBook Summary
If you are the parent of a toddler or preschooler, chances are you know a thing or two about tantrums. While those epic meltdowns can certainly be part of “normal” toddler behavior, they are still maddening, stressful, and exhausting – for everyone involved. What can you do to keep your cool and help your child calm down? Rebecca Schrag Hershberg, child psychologist and mother of two, has a unique understanding of both the science behind tantrums and what works in the heat of the moment to nip blowups in the bud. With her customizable plan, you’ll learn:
- Why your toddler’s developing brain is hardwired for “big emotions”.
- What you may be doing (unintentionally) to encourage outbursts.
- Ways to use structure and routines to help your child feel secure.
- How to reduce tantrums at tough times of day, from wake-up to bedtime.
- Strategies for managing tantrums under difficult circumstances, from travel to moving to divorce.
- Ways to deepen your parent-child connection-starting right now.