- Narrated by: Tom Dheere
- Length: 3 hrs and 25 mins
- Release date: 02-23-17
Stop Guessing AudioBook Summary
Most problems are fairly easy: they have a few likely potential root causes. The most important problems often have hundreds or thousands of potential root causes within very complex systems. Such problems are hard problems, and are highly resistant to guessing, brainstorming, or problem-solving methodologies that require conjuring a list of possible causes. Great problem-solvers are armed with a set of behaviors that allows them to avoid guessing. They consistently solve hard problems to root cause in a way that can seem magical to most people.
In Stop Guessing, you will learn nine behaviors that are critical to success and how to adopt them from Nat Greene, who has 20 years’ experience leading great problem-solvers. Developing your strength in these behaviors will help you to:
- Have confidence to solve the hard problems you face
- Easily build alignment to implement the right solution
- Identify more important and valuable opportunities that are being ignored
- Help others to be better problem-solvers
- Stop wasting time and money, and trying your patience
Each of the nine behaviors comes with stories of great problem-solving in action, including a best-in-class chemical processor that had hundreds of millions of dollars of upside hidden behind a hard problem, a losing baseball team without the budget for star players, and the scourge of poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa.