PIMSLEUR CHINESE (MANDARIN) LEVELS 1-5 MP3
Includes 150 lessons, reading instruction, and culture notes as MP3 download (84 hrs.), plus 5 Reading Booklets, 4 Culture Notes Booklets, and a User’s Guide.
The Easiest and Fastest Way to Learn Mandarin Chinese
Did you know that Mandarin Chinese is the world’s most widely spoken language with over one billion native speakers? Once you get the basics down, you’ll be surprised how quickly you’re able to begin speaking it. And even knowing a little bit of the language will make travel to China far easier, and much more fun. Whether your goal is to travel, communicate with friends or colleagues, reconnect with family, or just understand more of what’s going on in the world around you, learning to speak Mandarin Chinese will expand your horizons and immeasurably enrich your life.
The best part is that it doesn’t have to be difficult or take years to master. Thirty minutes a day is all it takes, and we get you speaking right from the first day. Pimsleur courses use a scientifically proven method that puts you in control of your learning. If you’ve tried other language learning methods but found they simply didn’t stick, then you owe it to yourself to give Pimsleur a try.
– Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
– Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
– Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
– Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it’s up to you.
– Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
– Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
– Genius – Triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
– Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
– 150, 30-minute audio lessons
– Six hours of pinyin reading lessons including some Chinese characters
– Three and a half hours of recorded Culture Notes
– In total, 84 hours of audio, all featuring native speakers
– a Reading Booklet for each level, a Culture Notes Booklet for each level of Levels 1-4, and a User’s Guide
What You’ll Learn
This Mandarin Chinese program includes all of Pimsleur’s Mandarin Chinese Levels 1-5. With this program you start from zero, first learning survival phrases and vocabulary, and eventually progressing to a mid-intermediate level of speaking and understanding Mandarin Chinese.
Every lesson contains an introductory conversation, and isolated vocabulary and structures, as well as full practice for all vocabulary introduced. Emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension. At the completion of this course, you’ll be able to speak comfortably about things that happened in the past and make plans for the future; you’ll speak confidently using your wide-ranging vocabulary, and experience the Mandarin Chinese language and culture with a deepening insight.
There are twenty reading lessons for each level. In the first four levels, you’ll learn to read Hanyu Pinyin (pinyin for short) the official phonetic system for transcribing pronunciations of Chinese characters into a Latin alphabet. In Level 5, the reading lessons are designed to deepen your memory and understanding of learned vocabulary, as well as to begin the work of connecting the words and phrases that you have learned to hànzì, the characters used in the Chinese writing system.
Learning the sound of each letter alone and in culturally distinct combinations allows your brain to process what you’re hearing in the audio lessons from a new and different perspective. It’s a powerful combination that makes Pimsleur different from every other method on the market.
There are recorded Culture Notes after the Reading Lessons for Levels 1-4. These notes are designed to provide you with some insight into the Chinese language and culture. Culture Notes booklets are also included.
File Size: 2.44 GB