- Narrated by: Russell Newton
- Length: 3 hrs and 57 mins
- Release date: 05-08-19
Mental Models AudioBook Summary
Thirty practical and applicable guidelines to think smarter, faster, and with expert insight (even if you aren’t one).
Mental models are like giving a treasure map to someone lost in the woods. They provide instant understanding, context, and most importantly, a path to the end destination. Now imagine having such a map for all problems and decisions in your life.
Battle information overwhelm, focus on what really matters, and make complex decisions with speed and confidence.
Mental Models: 30 Thinking Tools sheds light on true intelligence: It’s not about knowledge and knowing the capitals of all the countries in the world. It’s about how you think, and each mental model is a specific framework on how to think smart and with insight. You can approach the world by trying to analyze each piece of information separately, or you can learn mental models that do the work for you.
Learn how billionaires/CEOs, Olympic athletes, and scientists think differently and avoid mistakes.
Peter Hollins has studied psychology and peak human performance for over a dozen years, and is a best-selling author. He has worked with a multitude of individuals to unlock their potential and path towards success. His writing draws on his academic, coaching, and research experience.
The person with a hammer only sees nails. Become the person with a hammer, saw, sander, drill, screwdriver, and axe.
- How to balance information and action without sacrificing speed – MM #3 and #5.
- Understanding what data is really telling you – MM #8 and #10.
- Charles Darwin’s secret to clear and honest thinking – MM #11.
Mental models for all walks of life: productivity, professional success, greater happiness, critical thinking, and decision-making.
- Understanding correlation, causation, root causation, and proximate causation – MM #15 and #16.
- Implementing anti-goals to find real priorities and focus – MM #19 and #23.
- Being able to predict the future with basic probabilistic thinking – MM #10 and #25.
- How to strategically allocate your time and resources for biggest impact – MM #27 and #30.
Think in models and always be a step ahead. Scroll up and click the “buy now” button to become exceptional.
File Size: 215.84 MB