- Narrated by: Todd McClaren
- Length: 10 hrs and 49 mins
- Release date: 01-29-19
Mar-a-Lago AudioBook Summary
Where Trump learned to rule.
To know Donald J. Trump – to understand what makes the 45th president of the US tick – it is best to start in his natural habitat: Palm Beach, Florida. It is here he learned the techniques that took him all the way to the White House. Painstakingly, over decades, he has created a world in this exclusive tropical enclave and favorite haunt of billionaires where he is not just president but a king. The vehicle for his triumph is Mar-a-Lago, one of the greatest mansions ever built in the US. The inside story of how he became king of Palm Beach – and how Palm Beach continues to be his spiritual home even as president – is rollicking, troubling, and told with unrivaled access and understanding by Laurence Leamer.
Never before has an American president overseen a club where access to him can be bought. In Mar-a-Lago, the listener will learn:
- How Donald Trump bought a property now valued by some at as much as $500 million for less than $300,000 of his own money.
- Why Trump was blackballed by the WASP grandees of the island and how he got his revenge.
- How Trump joined forces with the National Enquirer, headquartered nearby, and engineered his own divorce.
- How by turning Mar-a-Lago into a private club, Trump was the unlikely man to integrate Palm Beach’s restricted country club scene, and what his real motives were.
- What transpires behind the gates of today’s Mar-a-Lago during “the season”, when President Trump and assorted DC power players fly down each weekend.
File Size: 294.97 MB