- Narrated by: Jessica Honegger
- Length: 7 hrs and 24 mins
- Release date: 08-14-18
Imperfect Courage AudioBook Summary
Want to make a move but scared to leave your comfort zone? Go anyway.
“Jessica’s perspective of global sisterhood and the power of lifting each other up in the midst of fear and scarcity is exactly what we need today. This book is both an invitation and a challenge to bravely show up for ourselves, for the people we love, and for the strangers that we will one day call family. I say, Amen!” (Brené Brown, PhD, author of the number-one New York Times best-seller Braving the Wilderness)
In Imperfect Courage, the founder of the popular fair trade jewelry brand Noonday Collection shares her story of starting the rapid-growing business that impacts over 4,500 artisans in vulnerable communities across the globe – and invites listeners on a journey of transformation, challenging them to trade their comfort zones for a life of impact and adventure. In 2015, Inc. magazine recognized Noonday Collection as one of the fastest-growing companies in America. But years earlier, as Jessica Honegger stood at a pawn-shop counter in Austin, Texas, and handed over her grandmother’s gold jewelry, her goal was much more personal: to fund the adoption of her Rwandan son, Jack, by selling artisan-made jewelry.
This first step launched an unexpected side-hustle that would grow into Noonday Collection. Jessica embarked on this new journey and teamed up with her first artisan partner, Jalia, a Ugandan jewelry maker. She saw the meaningful impact Noonday brought to Jalia’s community and knew it was the right move.
Fear crept into Jessica’s heart as she realized her success, or failure, meant the same for Jalia. But refusing to let fear hinder her goals, Jessica found the necessary (if imperfect) courage she needed along the way – the courage to leave comfort and embrace a life of risk and impact.
Discover Your Imperfect Courage
In Imperfect Courage, Jessica takes you by the hand and invites you to trade your comfort zone for a life of impact and meaning.
- First, she invites you to draw a circle of compassion around yourself and leads you through some soul-searching aimed at setting you free from shame.
- Next, she challenges all of us to come together, dare to be vulnerable with one another, and commit to building a culture of collaboration.
- Finally, Jessica calls on you to broaden your circle of compassion to embrace the entire globe – and to bring your beautifully imperfect courage to a world that needs you.