How to Build Self-Discipline By Martin Meadows
- Narrated by: John Gagnepain
- Length: 1 hr and 33 mins
- Release date: 05-19-15
How to Build Self-Discipline AudioBook Summary
If you want to make positive changes in your life and achieve your long-term goals, I can’t think of a better way to do it than to learn how to become more self-disciplined.
Science has figured out a lot of interesting aspects of self-discipline and willpower, but most of this knowledge is buried deep inside long, boring scientific papers. If you’d like to benefit from these studies without actually reading them, this audiobook is for you. I’ve done the job for you and researched the most useful and viable scientific findings that will help you improve your self-discipline.
Here are just a few of things you will learn from this audiobook:
- What a bank robber with lemon juice on his face can teach you about self-control. This story will make you laugh out loud, but its implications will make you think twice about your ability to control your urges.
- How $50 chocolate bars can motivate you to keep going when faced with an overwhelming temptation to give in.
- Why President Obama wears only gray and blue suits, and what it has to do with self-control.
- Why the popular method of visualization can actually prevent you from reaching your goals and destroy your self-control (and what to do instead).
- What dopamine is and why it’s crucial to understand its role if you want to break your bad habits and form good ones.
- Five practical ways to train yourself in self-discipline. Discover some of the most important techniques to increase your self-control and become better at resisting instant gratification.
- Why and when indulging yourself can actually help you build your self-discipline. Yes, you can stuff yourself (from time to time) and still lose weight.
- You too can master the art of self-discipline and learn how to resist temptations. Your long-term goals are worth it. Scroll up to buy the audiobook now.