- Narrated by: Amanda M. Rosen
- Length: 12 hrs and 9 mins
- Release date: 02-01-19
Effective Research Methods for Any Project AudioBook Summary
We rely on effective research in many areas of life, and at times our lives even depend on it. But what is it that makes research effective? Any good research rests upon, above all else, method. In these 24 dynamic lectures, you’ll discover the remarkable procedures and techniques that make research such a powerful tool. This brilliantly conceived course gives you a deep, detailed, and practical guide to proper research methods – methods that are broadly applicable to all kinds of research.
As groundwork for your own research project, you’ll investigate ethics in research, the role of reviewing the scholarly literature, how to choose a topic for your research and a research question, how to choose the best research design for your project, and how to measure your data.
You’ll then study the most important categories of research design and methodology, including:
- The Classic Experiment – Grasp the procedure of the experiment, the hallmark of research in the sciences
- Surveys – Learn to design and run a survey, and construct survey questions
- Case Studies – Delve into the workings of the case study and how to choose your cases for a case study project
- Field Research -Take a deep look at the use of interviews and how to conduct them, and at observation research, which observes the behavior of subjects in the field
- Applied Research – Investigate action research, which seeks collaborative solutions to real-world problems
In the final section of the course, you’ll learn to analyze your data and communicate your findings. Here, you’ll study quantitative data analysis, interpreting your findings through simple statistical calculations, and qualitative data analysis, which involves discerning meaning and patterns in data. And you’ll learn how to share your findings, from the formal research report to less formal approaches. In Effective Research Methods for Any Project, you’ll gain real skill with this practical and transformative approach to knowledge creation.
File Size: 347.42 MB