Borderline Personality Disorder for Dummies By Charles H. Elliott, Laura L. Smith
- Narrated by: Suzie Althens
- Length: 14 hrs and 20 mins
- Release date: 05-31-19
Borderline Personality Disorder for Dummies AudioBook Summary
Your clear, compassionate guide to managing BPD – and living well.
Looking for straightforward information on Borderline Personality Disorder? This easy-to-understand guide helps those who have BPD develop strategies for breaking the destructive cycle. This audiobook also aids loved ones in accepting the disorder and offering support. Inside you’ll find authoritative details on the causes of BPD and proven treatments, as well as advice on working with therapists, managing symptoms, and enjoying a full life.
- Review the basics of BPD – discover the symptoms of BPD and the related emotional problems, as well as the cultural, biological, and psychological causes of the disease
- Understand what goes wrong – explore impulsivity, emotional dysregulation, identity problems, relationship conflicts, black-and-white thinking, and difficulties in perception; and identify the areas where you may need help
- Make the choice to change – find the right care provider, overcome common obstacles to change, set realistic goals, and improve your physical and emotional state
- Evaluate treatments for BPD – learn about the current treatments that really work and develop a plan for addressing the core symptoms of BPD
- If someone you love has BPD – see how to identify triggers, handle emotional upheavals, set clear boundaries, and encourage your loved one to seek therapy.
File Size: 749.25 MB